Thursday, July 22, 2010

Welcome to create * make * smile !

Through this blog I will be sharing my creativity. I have many interests, from quilting to pottery and weaving to bookmaking. Please stop by often to see what I have been up to!
This summer I have been taking a wheel throwing class at the Newport Art Museum (NAM) and I am extremely excited about it! So far, the class has met two times and we will be meeting again tonight. I've been busy throwing pots. At the museum I threw four vessels. At my home I threw six more vessels. Some were lopsided and others came out really well. The hardest part has been centering the clay. I took a couple of my lopsided vessels and turned them into vessels with "expression". One thing I know for sure, practice makes things better, but not yet perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment