| Room to Breeze |
Really. This is not my UFO (un-finished-object). It's my mother's! For Christmas one year...I think it was 2004??...I gave her the first two blocks to the entire McKenna Ryan Storybook Farm quilt kit. Every month after that she received in the mail another block. The idea is that you are supposed to keep up with the mailings so that by the time the last one is sent, you are almost finished with your decorative quilt.
As with most everyone, time slipped away and the notion of spending countless hours tracing patterns, cutting pieces and then meticulously arranging and ironing them together grew more intimidating. Alas, the entire kit project sat in a basket in the sewing room. Occasionally visited and admired by either my mother or me, we never found the courage to pull it out and start on it. Well, I am happy to say that has recently changed. We are going to work on this project together as a mother-daughter type bonding experience. Having completed a few of my own ufos has prompted me to push others into completing their's! So I am starting with my mother...who, by the way, just might have more unfinished projects than me.
The image above shows the first two blocks which have been connected and arranged as one. Below, I have included a little slide show of the process. As my mother's project progresses, I will post each finished section.
Do you have a ufo? If so, please share it!
Oooh, this is so beautiful! I have never made a quilt, and don't really know how, but I'd imagine this takes a long time. This one is so detailed. How big will it be when it is finished? What a fun thing to do with your Mom. I'll have to look and see if I have any UFOs around. I do have a baby blanket that I started (and now the "baby" is 3...) I'll try and get a few pix of it. Thanks for sharing : )
ReplyDelete